Sunday, January 22, 2006

D20 -- ¡Adios, Argentina!

We took a bus back to Puerto Natales, Chile, today. The ride was uneventful except when I fell on the stairs getting out at the border crossing. Apparently I can climb a volcano without incident, but getting off a bus is a whole other story. I landed on my left butt cheek, and already have a bruise. I guess I don’t have as much padding as I thought down there. Happily for you, I have decided not to post a picture of that on the blog.

I really enjoyed our time in Argentina and would love to come back to see more. It’s a land of amazing natural beauty and friendly people. However, I will appreciate the U.S. more now, specifically for its no-smoking-in-public-places policies and its wide variety of salad dressing choices. A girl can only take so much (corn oil) and vinegar, which is the only option there. But oh how we will miss the steaks, ice cream, and late-night dining! Tomorrow we leave for five days of hiking in Torres del Paine National Park…

Elva

3 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adventure and a Great Travel Blog, too.
Jon & Marilyn Drake.

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!!

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing adventure and beautiful pictures. Can't wait to see more pics when you get home. I know you'll probably have thousands to sort through by then! Won't that be fun. Be safe and watch your step!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home