Thursday, February 09, 2006

D38 -- Finally, we arrive

We woke up somewhere over the Australian outback – vast, flat, brown. My jetlag had improved from “almost comatose” to “just a little tired.” Thomas was feeling well too, though it hadn’t hit him as hard for some reason. We landed in Sydney for a 4-hour layover, where we raided the free food and drink at the Qantas lounge. We also browsed the airport shops, where there was kangaroo and emu jerky as well as crocodile meat for sale. One store had some little coin purses made out of kangaroo fur. I really hoped to see a kangaroo in Australia, but that wasn’t what I had in mind. (They have very soft fur, if you were wondering.)


On the plane ride to Auckland I tried my first Sudoku puzzle. I'm not sure I see what all the fuss is about. We were pretty happy to land in Auckland and get to our motel. It wasn’t anything special, but it had a real bed in it, and that’s all we wanted!


-Elva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home