Monday, February 20, 2006

D50 -- Rain day

We woke up to rain that lasted all day, so we had to cancel the helicopter ride/glacier hike we had planned. We weren’t too disappointed. We’ve been moving around so much lately it was nice to take a day off to blog, e-mail, write post cards, and be couch potatoes. We watched SO much TV, including the final episodes of Amazing Race Season 3 (that Flo was SUCH a baby!) and Whale Rider. If you haven’t seen Whale Rider and/or want to get a feel for where we are right now I highly recommend it. It was filmed on the east coast of the north island of New Zealand and really gives you some good glimpses into Maori culture. I want to watch The Piano again now that I’m here, too. And if we have a spare 9 hours… the Lord of the Rings trilogy!


No pictures from the day, so I thought I’d include this.

All the toilets here have a half-flush and a full-flush option. As a water-saving measure, you only use the half-flush unless you’ve got a lot to flush. Yes, these are the things that interest me during our travels – international toilet flushing variations!


-Elva

3 Comments:

At 1:44 AM, Blogger Joanna said...

Thought I would have a quick catch up on your travels while the snow falls here in blighty. Looks like your having a wonderful timea dn the weather looks great.

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got that in Europe too!

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our toliet in Germany had two options . . . a piggy bank and an umbrella . . . big deposit and sprinkles . . . funny. I should have taken a picture of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home