Wednesday, May 10, 2006

D128 - More maintenance

I went out alone this morning to do some shopping but was thwarted by high prices and small sizes. Thomas and I met up at Taquería de Birra for lunch. This makes the third time we've eaten there – we are creatures of habit these days.

In an uncharacteristic move, Thomas took a nap after lunch. He'd been feeling a bit blue all day – I think he is more prone to homesickness than I am. When he got up we walked to the post office to mail back some purchases we made in India. The office was in a beautiful building, and the staff there were very helpful. It was pricey to ship our things back, but we were glad to lighten our load and finally be rid of that darn four foot long bamboo hanger we've been toting around since Vietnam! On the way back to the hotel we passed a HUGE demonstration. It appeared that people demonstrating were supportive of public schools and against privatization. I'll have to research what all that was about.


There was a big soccer match between Sevilla and Middlebrough on TV, so Thomas watched that while I sorted through the hundreds of pictures I'd taken in Andalucía. We went out at about midnight to get some dinner, and although most places on Plaza Santa Ana were hopping, the one I wanted to eat at was closed. We didn't have a back up plan, so Thomas went out to secure some fast food. He had to go to three different places before he found one open. We've had such bad luck with food in Spain. What a pity we're not into jamón!


Elva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home